Guiding principles are self-support and equal opportunity.
1. Complete the entire route, under your own power.
2. No support crews
3. No caches
4. No motorized transport or hitch-hiking, EXCEPT for travel to hospital/medical care
5. Gear - Nothing required, nothing prohibited
The following are allowed, but not encouraged. Please use sparingly.
6. Unplanned support from other AZT racers is OK
7. Trail magic OK - but please, no begging
8. Mailing stuff ahead to Post Offices is OK
For the full Arizona Trail Race the following rule is
* You must carry your disassembled bike from the south to north rim
of the Grand Canyon. Absolutely no riding or pushing (rolling) of the
bicycle is allowed.
If you are caught rolling or pushing your bike you will be disqualified
and banned from all future events. No exceptions.
Note from Grand Canyon National Park: Groups of 11 - 30 individuals day
hiking through the canyon as part of this Race will need to obtain a Special
Use Permit through our office. You can find details about our permit
requirements at the following link: http://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/management/sup.htm
QUESTIONS? Better to ask before the race starts.