Author Topic: Measure distance btwn 2 track points  (Read 2892 times)

bncrshr77

• View Profile
Measure distance btwn 2 track points
« on: December 12, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
Hello,
I found where this question had been asked a few years ago but nothing newer.   I ended up deleted all of my saved waypoints from the 300 last year so I'm re-doing everything.  Here is an example of what I'm talking about. I know exactly where the La Posta Ranch turn is on the track and the cues say the La Sevilla spigot is 2.4 miles down the trail.  I would like to click on the point I know and pick another point along the track and get the track distance between them.  Is this possible without cutting and profiling?  Like a quick distance measure function? 
Thanks,
--Tom--

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Re: Measure distance btwn 2 track points
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »
Hey Tom,

I see what you are asking but you can't do it just by clicking unfortunately.  That could be a good idea for a new feature if it could be done intuitively.

You can of course cut the track... or often I just use the profile tool, zoom in on the profile, then eyeball it.

Another idea is to use "Lap Analysis" to place waypoints every 0.1 miles.  That's about the resolution of the cues or of a GPS/cyclo-computer, so eyeballing to the tenth of a mile is usually sufficient.

Thanks for the question.
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com

bncrshr77

• View Profile
Re: Measure distance btwn 2 track points
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »
Scott,
I think that would be a great feature in the future.  I will give the lap analysis a try for now and see how it goes.
Thanks
--Tom--