Author Topic: log book erased  (Read 3474 times)

aaron w

• View Profile
log book erased
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
I recently started using the log book feature.  This evening when I went to access the log book all of my entries seem to be gone and the log book is empty.  Any ideas as to what happened?

Not sure if it's related but this morning my computer crashed and TF was open at that time. 

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Re: log book erased
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 09:18:49 PM »
Hey Aaron,

The logbook should be resilient to crashes.  Hmm. 

Did you by chance change your default tracks directory?  That's where the logbook is stored, and would result in a clear/new log.  It's easy to copy the TFlog.csv file back into your new default tracks dir if so.

If not, look around for a TFlog.csv file -- it's got your data in it.

Let me know if that's it or not.
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com

aaron w

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:36:29 PM »
It looks like my data is gone.  I found the TFlog.csv in my TF main folder.  I can open in with works (I don't have excel).  When I open it I can see the column headers for miles, time, etc but there is no data there. 

I suspect my problem has nothing to do with Topofusion.  My virus checker picked up a bunch of stuff in a scan today... No biggie, I can recreate what I lost since I've still got all the actual gpx files. 

One feature I think would be kind of cool would be to have custom fields in the activity drop down menu.  In my case I would like to spec which bike I used for each ride.  Then I could easily sort data according to each bike and know for instance how many hours riding time I have on a shock since it was last serviced.  Kind of anal, I know.   Thanks for your help. 

aaron w

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 05:54:11 PM »
Oh, by the way, I've gotten this TF error msg a couple times recently while creating log entries:

Run time error '9':
subscript out of range

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 03:01:03 PM »
Hmm.  Are you just right clicking on the file and doing 'Analysis->Add to Logbook' ?

Yep, bike tracking would be cool...
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com