Author Topic: Font Size problem  (Read 5452 times)

eiri

• View Profile
Font Size problem
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »
I have a problem reading most dialogs and buttons. The font is far too big and does not fit on the dialog.

I have seen a similar issue in other topics on this forum. This only occur when I have my display at 100% size. With 125% seems it looks normal. So I know I have a work around, but every time I want to start working with TopoFusion Pro (4.65) I have to log off for a screen size change to see the full text in the dialogs.

Attached are some screen grabs.

Is this something you can fix in a new version?

Thanks!

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Re: Font Size problem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »
Thanks for the post.  This is one of those strange/frustrating ones that I have never been able to reproduce.  I just tried switching between 100% and 125% (forces a logout or I would have done it sooner).  In both settings everything in TF looks fine to me.  I think you have the labeling wrong above -- it works in 100% but not in 125%, right?  Looks like the bigger font version has the errors.

Your font looks like the right one, so it's probably not that.  Anything else peculiar about your display, video, accessibility or font settings?
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com

eiri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »
Hi, no 125% is the default on my new laptop (see fourth image). I did not like the large fonts and changed it to 100%. Now the text in the dialogs in the 100% mode are too big. Normally when using default dialog fonts, they scale according the screen settings.

So display size is standard (1920x1080), but used the smaller size windows (100%) in stead of the default. nothing accessibility or other font settings

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
Strange.  Wonder if Windows7 is running it in compatibility mode or something else goofy is going on.  I can't explain why it works for both of my W7 computers as well as countless other users..

However, it seems like there should be a way to override the font setting and prevent it from scaling.  That might be one way to fix it.  I'll give it a shot.

eiri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
Hi, Thanks again. I'm looking forward to your solution and I'm sure you will find it one day.

eiri

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
Hi,

I cannot determine from the release notes if there are modifications regarding this issue. I upgraded to win8 and topo fusion 4.7 and the issue has been resolved for me. all dialogs and buttons looks fine. There is however one error message when starting the preferences box (see attached image). After this messsage the preferences dialog appears normal.

Thanks!

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:57:29 AM »
Interesting.  This is on a brand new install of TF 4.7 on Win8?  Hmm.  I will have to find a way to play with win8.  Thanks for reporting it.

Glad your font issue is resolved, as well.

eiri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »
I upgraded from win7 to win8 and updated the topofusion from 4.65 (no complete reinstall)

dpmuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
I was wanting to try out the demo version before possibly buying this.  It was looking good but I was having this exact same issue and it was likely to be a show stopper.  In the end I found the advice at the following link fixed the problem for me:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/11/25/windows-7-bitmap-fonts-and-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx