Author Topic: Would like a new X-axis option on profile  (Read 3739 times)

Seebonk

• View Profile
Would like a new X-axis option on profile
« on: January 05, 2015, 09:21:56 PM »
I wanted to examine a problematic GPX file and was hampered by lack of visibility to the data.
(Case A)
If time points have been stripped from the file the only X-axis option is distance.
If the lat-long is not changing then the profile does not advance but net climbing accumulates and jumps up when the lat-long changes!
(Case B)
If the file has time points and the X-axis is time the profile looks normal (with climbs and descents) but the net climbing is frozen (TF sees no lat-long movement) opposite from Case A.

But for this and situation and others I would like to see the Track # and Point # as an X-axis option to better coordinate with the file properties.
Or have Track # and Point # always displayed with any other X-axis.
Secondary option - sync a point on the profile with the track on the map and the file properties. The latter two are already synced.

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Re: Would like a new X-axis option on profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
Hi Seebonk,

I hadn't thought of having "point #" be a choice for the x-axis -- that might be an interesting way to view the data or debug it, as you said.

You know about the "info" tool mode that lets you hover over points, right?  It's also a good tool for debugging.

I'll look into adding "point #" as an axis choice.  Thanks for the suggestion!
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com