Author Topic: Waypoint icons  (Read 1533 times)

Stephen Brewer

• View Profile
Waypoint icons
« on: December 24, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »
Not an entirely new request, just wondering if there are any plans to incorporate either custom waypoint icon capabilities, or a larger library of available icons.

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Re: Waypoint icons
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the post -- it's not out of the question but not a priority either.

Which would be more helpful, custom or a bigger library?  I guess custom is the most versatile.

Are you looking to export or print maps with the icons on them?  Just curious what the end product would be.

Thanks
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com

Stephen Brewer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 09:02:27 AM »
Either custom or a bigger library- I guess it depends on how big the library is.
I don't really print out maps, most of what I use is in digital form. But what I am running into is a lack of being able to distinguish markers from various groups. It would be really useful to change the colors, so that the simple dots (City, (Large)), could be used to easily pick out one type of marker from another. Much of my problem lies in the fact that most of the markers are rather large and do not pinpoint the location as well as I would like. More markers with something like a crosshair would be useful, along with the ability to change colors and maybe sizes of each. Right now I do use the 3 sizes of the city markers, but it would be more distinguishable if they could be made different colors as well.

Thanks!

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 10:27:03 AM »
Colors of different sized dots would be nice, yep.

Have you changed the size of *all* waypoints icons under Options->Preferences->Fonts->Waypoint icon size?  With the smallest size the city small is quite a small dot.

I'll think about some smaller dots or perhaps colors.  That may not be too hard to add.

Thanks
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com