Author Topic: Differentiate between types of activity  (Read 4212 times)

Snassek

• View Profile
Differentiate between types of activity
« on: April 26, 2016, 01:39:12 PM »
It would be nice if there was an easy to see way of differentiating the types of activity tracks.  Sometimes they are biking, hiking, disc golf.  I know you mentioned in an email that there are some basic ways, but nothing that really stands out.  It would be nice to have an extra column that displayed an icon of the activity when I have multiple tracks open.  It would also be nice if the icons could be different even for similar activities, e.g biking (MTB, Road) or walking, trail, running, etc.

It would also be nice if the window placement could be saved.  On the explorer section, the directory section width keeps resetting to a small view and I have to expand it to see more of the filenames that are available.

Snassek
Pro version user

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Re: Differentiate between types of activity
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 10:25:32 AM »
Hi there,

Take a look at the logbook function.  It has an 'activity type' selector with different icons.  There isn't a way to see that data in the main TF window, though.

The size of the lower 'active list' and directory explorer should save between runs of the software.  The height of it is saved, at least, so maybe you are repeatedly changing the width as well?

Thanks for the post.
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com

Snassek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 02:07:48 PM »
I don't see the activity type selector in the log book.  I have also looked through the online manual for the log book and didn't see anything listed.  Though I would like it to be displayed in the main window too.

As for the main window sizing, yes, it is the width of the file and directory lists on the left side.  I adjust it, but it doesn't stick.

Snassek

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »
If you select an entry in the logbook, then hit 'edit this entry' you can change the activity type.  It'll show an icon for it.

The default icon for new entries added is set in Options->Preferences->General->User Type. 

I believe you can do per-activity summaries for a date range, using the logbook, too.
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com

Snassek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:44:21 PM »
Okay, I found the icon settings.  Not sure how I missed that one.  I couldn't find a way to do the per-activity summaries in the log book. 

One issue, if you have more than one log entry for a particular date, it doesn't show the icons, only the 'More' title stating there is multiple logs.

Maybe in a future update to add the icons to the main window?

Snassek