Author Topic: Command Line Options  (Read 5675 times)

Offsides

• View Profile
Command Line Options
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
In searching the forum and help file, there doesn't seem to be any command line options built into TF.  Two that I can think of that would be handy for me, at least, would preset the dirs that TF looks into for maps and tracks on startup.  If each track dir had a "track.idx" or some sort of track list that contained the active list, that would allow seamless switching from one map task to another, with everything set up from when you last left it.  Something like:

topofusion.exe /m=c:\My Documents\My Topofusion\CA /t=My Documents\My Topofusion\bike\shasta\

There are doubtless other parameters that could be useful.

Thanks for TF,
Bill

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Re: Command Line Options
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:06:28 PM »
Interesting idea.  Would be easy to code up.  Hadn't thought about it.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Scott Morris - founder and co-author of TopoFusion
email: smorris@topofusion.com

jeffreyptr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:23:53 AM »
In searching the forum and help file, there doesn't seem to be any command line options built into TF.  Two that I can think of that would be handy for me, at least, would preset the dirs that TF looks into for maps and tracks on startup.  If each track dir had a "track.idx" or some sort of track list that contained the active list, that would allow seamless switching from one map task to another, with everything set up from when you last left it.  Something like:

topofusion.exe /m=c:\My Documents\My Topofusion\CA /t=My Documents\My Topofusion\bike\shasta\

There are doubtless other parameters that could be useful.

Thanks for TF,
Bill

Great idea. I second this suggestion. :)

dgood71

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 06:51:35 AM »
I just found out about Topofusion today, and it looks like and almost perfect replacement for a program I currently use called UsaPhotoMaps.

My only concern is that there doesn't seem to be a way to call Topofusion from the command line and have it open a GPX file to plot the points like USAPhotomaps does.

I'm a geocacher and one of the things I need to do is view multiple points on various maps quickly.  I use a database program called GSAK to store the points and manipulate the data, but GSAK has no ability for map viewing.  It can, however, launch other programs to view maps by writing a GPX file with the waypoints then launching the map program.

If it would be possible to have Topofusion automatically launch and open a GPX specified on the command line, that would be perfect.  I'm not yet a registered user, and as this is probably the feature I'd use on an almost daily basis, I'd like some feedback as to whether or not this could be implemented.  Looks like you've got a great program here, add a way to automate it a bit and it would be perfect!

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 09:36:55 AM »
Hi,

Actually TF does have this capability.  If you pass it a pathname to a GPX file, with quotes surrounding it (this is how windows does it), it will load it up upon start up.

We have this functionality so you can drag and drop a GPX file onto the TopoFusion.exe and have it load it up.  I'd forgotten about it, but it's there.

So, if GSAK does things in the windows way with the quotes, it should work.  If not, please let me know and I'll change it to accept both with and w/o quotes in the next version. 

Thanks.

dgood71

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 05:59:17 PM »
Hi,

Actually TF does have this capability.  If you pass it a pathname to a GPX file, with quotes surrounding it (this is how windows does it), it will load it up upon start up.

We have this functionality so you can drag and drop a GPX file onto the TopoFusion.exe and have it load it up.  I'd forgotten about it, but it's there.

So, if GSAK does things in the windows way with the quotes, it should work.  If not, please let me know and I'll change it to accept both with and w/o quotes in the next version. 

Thanks.

Actually GSAK is very flexible and I was able to get TopoFusion to launch and open a GPX file without too much trouble once I realized TopoFusion had this capability.   After playing around with this program I can see it's one I'm going to have to add to my arsenal.   Too bad I missed out on the promotion earlier this year....  :(

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 10:17:17 PM »
Glad to hear it works well with GSAK.  Good to know.

I don't think there was a promotion earlier this year.  Where did you see that?

dgood71

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »
I guess it was a Black Friday sale you had going on...  I saw a post with a January date, thought maybe it was a New Years special, but looking again it referenced a sale on Black Friday 2010. 

ScottMorris

• Administrator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 09:22:29 AM »
Yep, Black Friday is pretty much the only promotion we run.  Just checking.  ;)