Author Topic: track merging  (Read 4222 times)

drpetecrocker

• View Profile
track merging
« on: August 16, 2005, 03:36:56 PM »
I am trying to create a ride map, and have 5 pieces that I need to merge together.  I have been unable to find a tool for this.  Please help.
Thanks, Pete

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
track merging
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 06:16:52 PM »
Profile/Merge tool is what you need.  Just be sure to hold down the shift key as you select each track in succession.  Also, if one section is backwards when added (because it's stored that way) you can reverse it by hitting the 'v' key or by right clicking and selecting "reverse" from the menu.

drpetecrocker

• View Profile
track merging
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 08:45:18 PM »
Ok, how do I get to the Profile/Merge tool?  I have tried to find it by going to the profile screen from each track, no luck.

Thanks.

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
track merging
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 08:52:08 PM »
It's on the toolbar, fifth from the left.

Or hit the 'O' key (as in 'oh' not zero)

tedrusky

• View Profile
track merging
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005, 11:33:10 AM »
I have a follow up question.  Is there any other way to merge a track?  For example, I have a ballon loop track that is divided into about 25 different segments due to poor satelite recpetion.  Using the shift/merge feature is difficult since I need to zoom in to see the departing and returning tracks and it isn't clear which is which.  

When I initially download the tracks from my Etrex Vista, I am given the choice to select, merge, and remove tracks which works great.  Is there any way to access these options after  I have exited the intital download window?