Author Topic: Track Log / DEMS  (Read 4295 times)

BobM

• View Profile
Track Log / DEMS
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:12:54 PM »
Is it possible to load a track from a GPS, then update the elevation data with the DEM file and then add the track to the track log.

I have benn loading a track, adding it to the tracklog, updating the track with the elevation data from my DEM file, deleteing the track from the log, downloading the track to the GPS then uploading it again and adding it to the logfile.

I do this because threre always seems to be a couple of really bad errors in the GPS data causing bad overestimates of altitude gain, diffuculty and effort.

What I do is really doggy, I suppose (hope) there is an easy way to avoid it but I cannot seem to finf it.

Thanks for a great priduct.

BobM

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Track Log / DEMS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 06:34:04 PM »
You mean the logbook, right?

Yes, it is possible and easy.  First of all you can just edit that information manually using "Edit Entry."  You can change the climbing/descending (no cheating!).

Second, you can remove the file, then with the newly edited file loaded, hit "add all loaded files to log" button.  That should do it!

Glad you enjoy the program.

BobM

• View Profile
Track Log / DEMS
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 06:00:32 AM »
Thanks for prompt reply.

I will try both metods after tomorrow's hike.

BobM

goncst8

• View Profile
Track Log / DEMS
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 07:33:54 AM »
What I do is after I load the track from the GPS, I do the "climbing analysis" and use the download DEM data (US Dataset).  When I hit "Add Elevation to track" it replaces the elevation data with the DEM data.  Then I save the file and add that to the log book.

BobM

• View Profile
Track Log / DEMS
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 01:06:28 PM »
Thanks. I am going to do that for afrer this week's hike.

BobM