Author Topic: More Logbook Questions  (Read 3700 times)

tgelston

• View Profile
More Logbook Questions
« on: August 29, 2004, 09:18:21 AM »
Okay - this is why I got into trouble before - I now have three rides listed in the logbook - each has the correct distance.  When I do the compute summary the distance and time is way off - 54 miles when it should be 27 miles.   I look in the CSV file and I see a record that is wrong - I am not sure how it got in there?  Anyway when I delete the row the logbook breaks - it does not show me any of the data - this time I was smart though and I made a backup so I did not need to reinstall.  How can I remove the offending data w/o breaking the logbook?

Thanks,
Tobias

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
More Logbook Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 06:38:47 PM »
Hi,

Maybe I can try to track down the problem if you send me the three tracks in question.  smorris@topofusion.com will work.

As to deleting entries from the logbook what editor are you using to delete the entry?  You need to not have it "wrapping" the lines of text (i.e. you need to delete the entire line up to and including the end of line character).  I use Ultraedit w/o word wrap and can successfully remove/insert lines.

You could also load the file in excel and try deleting/editting there.  But there really shouldn't be much of a need to edit the file--you can remove them from logbook dialog itself.

Send me those files and I'll have a look.

tgelston

• View Profile
More Logbook Questions
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 04:44:17 PM »
I had been using Excel to delete the offending row of data - Just now I opened the file in notepad and was successful in getting the bad data out AND the log book still works even better the summary  is now correct.  I appreciate your offer to help.

THANKS,
Tobias