Author Topic: Merge follow up  (Read 4294 times)

tedrusky

• View Profile
Merge follow up
« on: August 18, 2005, 02:07:17 PM »
I originally posted this question in the previous topic and am now posting it as a new topic just in case.  

I have a follow up question.  Is there ANOTHER way to merge a track?  For example, I have a ballon loop track that is divided into about 25 different segments due to poor satelite recpetion.  Using the shift/merge feature is difficult since I need to zoom in to see the departing and returning tracks and it isn't clear which is which.  

When I initially download the tracks from my Etrex Vista, I am given the choice to select, merge, and remove tracks which works great.  Is there any way to access these options after  I have exited the intital download window?

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Merge follow up
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 07:43:01 AM »
Hi,

Sorry - the merge dialog that comes up after download is only available at that time.

The profile/merge tool is the only way to merge, although you can also do it by hand (cut n' paste in the GPX file itself).

You should be able to zoom in/out without much problem to grab your tracks.  But I understand it can be hard to grab the correct track when you have a lot of overlap.  Maybe the network function can help?

tedrusky

• View Profile
Merge follow up
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 05:16:44 PM »
Thanks Krein.  I love this program.  Any way you look at it, it is easier than MapSource.  While using that program, I manually had to cut and paste to create a finished track.  The merge feature after the initial download in TF solves that problem.  And after that, TF provides all the details I could imagine of the track!

Merge follow up
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 11:21:49 AM »
DO I HAVE TO UNLOAD THE 2.5 VERSION TO GET THE 2.7 VERSION?

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Merge follow up
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 11:59:42 AM »
Quote (Guest @ Aug. 26 2005,12:21)
DO I HAVE TO UNLOAD THE 2.5 VERSION TO GET THE 2.7 VERSION?

Not necessarily.  If you're a registered user you can download the "update-only" version of 2.7, then you just copy in a couple files to upgrade to 2.7.

Otherwise you need to uninstall, yes.  Note that you will not lose downloaded maps and settings upon uninstall.