Author Topic: Long clocks, then 'Application Not Responding'?  (Read 4024 times)

PeteCresswell

• View Profile
Long clocks, then 'Application Not Responding'?
« on: December 01, 2004, 09:23:11 AM »
I'm getting a *lot* of these - especially when moving from one topo size to another as a result of rolling my mouse's wheel.   In the end, I have to kill TopoFusion via TaskManager.

Anybody else?

Dialup connection.   LogiTech MX 1000 mouse.

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 10:00:31 AM »
Never really seen this before.  How many maps have you downloaded (how many maps.dat files?).  I'm guessing not large since you're on dialup.

Can you send the file 'topofusion.log' to support@topofusion.com ?

There may be a problem in the memory caching.  Any details on your machine appreciated, too.

Thanks.

Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 09:22:04 AM »
I had this problem, and others of similiar nature until I upgraded my video card. Prior I had frequent freezes which were only partially cured when I reduced the number of tracks that load on startup. At one time I suspected a corrupted ini file, but it turned out that was not the problem, although replacing appeared to work, only because it reset the gpx files it loaded.

Was it worth a new video card, even though the other programs I used worked OK with the old one?

You bet! I think Topofusion is absolutely *amazing* running  with adequate computing horsepower.

Larry

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 07:00:59 AM »
This happened to me when I upped the tile set zooming smoothness. ends up, one mouse scroll (or a +/- key hit) is then mapped to a *bunch* of image zooms. I have a pretty new vaio and it caused the program to hang. I suspect that there are many scroll wheel commands queued up somewhere and the program is wedged trying to service them. Restart, and set the zoom smoothness to a small number and see if that works.
D