Author Topic: Limit of 250 points?  (Read 3297 times)

wmurdoch

• View Profile
Limit of 250 points?
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:21:22 PM »
I've been using Topofusion for both running and hiking for almost 2 years.  It's a great tool and my friends really like the 3D shots of our trips.  However, the last hike shows only 250 points, and 13.6 miles while on my Garmin unit shows the correct 23.4 miles.  Where did the rest of the data go?

I thought it might be a limitation of the Garmin, but the previous hike was 19 miles and in Topofusion I see the file has 2199 points.  So, obviusly both the Garmin and Topofusion can "handle" the data.

--Wally

tdcarter

• View Profile
Limit of 250 points?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:35:24 AM »
Wally,
Check to see if there were 2 'tracks' or maybe 2 laps recorded. The 250 waypoints is a known number... thats what some of the garmin units narrow down old tracks to. The new/current track can hold more points, but old ones are limited to 250.

Just a thought,
TC

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
Limit of 250 points?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:42:49 PM »
Definitely not a limitation of the garmin or TopoFusion.  There are a few things that could have happened.  Probably your track got "saved" out to the 250 point truncated version at some point on the hike, then your active log (limited to 10,000 points) got cleared.  Or some variation of that.

Losing data sucks, but it happens.