Author Topic: European Maps  (Read 4966 times)

kenwallace

• View Profile
European Maps
« on: October 21, 2005, 01:41:31 PM »
I loaded a .gpx file of the 2005 Tour de France route and I get the message "Tile request is invalid." Is Europe supported?

kenwallace

• View Profile
European Maps
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 02:03:55 PM »
Ah...by switching to LandSat I was able to get an image, but not with topo or urban, or aerial data.

Alan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
European Maps
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 10:54:14 AM »
Right, The regular Topo and Aerial tilesets are US only.  Landsat covers almost the whole planet I think.

rpiontek

• View Profile
European Maps
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 09:34:53 AM »
Quote (Alan @ Oct. 24 2005,11:54)
Right, The regular Topo and Aerial tilesets are US only.  Landsat covers almost the whole planet I think.

I recently moved to Germany and I'm also dissapointed by the low quality landsat data.  It's not even worthwhile making a map.

I have found, however, that Google Earth seems to have much higher quality data available (this is near Berlin, Germany).  Any chance topofusion will be able to access this data in the future?

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
European Maps
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 01:28:30 PM »
That's right, the satellite imagery is only 16M.  They don't make very good detailed maps, but they are awesome (better than topo or aerial) for large scale maps.

European Maps
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 03:20:40 AM »
Any change to add my own map? In my case a raster map of my hometown calibrated with OziExplorer. The features of TopoFusion seem awesome even if I haven't tried the demo yet. And probably will not anyway, if Europe is not so well covered.