Author Topic: Downloading Garmin 205 files  (Read 3768 times)

exphysrunner

• View Profile
Downloading Garmin 205 files
« on: March 28, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »
I just tried to download a month's worth of files from my 205 and only 10 days worth were downloaded.

Any reason as to why?

I am using the demo version.  Is there a limit on the demo version?

I really want to use the GOVSS file and compare it with another method of tracking training load.

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 03:35:48 PM »
Hi,

Not a limitation of the demo version, no.  TopoFusion is downloading all the data that is currently stored in your forerunner.  It's just that the unit stores "history" information for more runs than it actually stores tracklogs for.  There's no track to go with the history logs.

You may want to look in to converting your Garmin logbook into GPX for loading into TopoFusion.

Good luck.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:49:04 AM »
I have had some trouble on this front too (thought it's maybe a different problem).  It seems when I have a lot of data on my Edge occasionally the download will fail part way through.  But it has always worked on the second try.

markyv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:20:44 PM »
Quote (Krein @ Mar. 28 2007,6:35)
Hi,

Not a limitation of the demo version, no.  TopoFusion is downloading all the data that is currently stored in your forerunner.  It's just that the unit stores "history" information for more runs than it actually stores tracklogs for.  There's no track to go with the history logs.

You may want to look in to converting your Garmin logbook into GPX for loading into TopoFusion.

Good luck.

How do you convert the Garmin tcx files to GPX files?

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 06:45:37 PM »