Author Topic: GPX EDITOR?  (Read 4813 times)

bobmaloney@compuserve.com

• View Profile
GPX EDITOR?
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
Is there an easy way to edit a TOPOFUSION track saved as a *.GPX file?

I needed to delete several trackpoints from a track. I found no way to do it in TOPOFUSION. I used GPSBABEL to convert the *.GPX file to an OZI  *.plt file. Using OZI, I deleted the bad trackpoints and then using GPS BABEL reconverted the*.plt file to a *.GPX file.

It there a simpler way to do this? I would like to be able to select the trackpoints on the TOPOFUSION display and them directly delete them.

All comments are appreciated.

BobM

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
GPX EDITOR?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 10:22:57 AM »
Hi,

Deleting and moving track points is easy in TopoFusion.  Just choose the 'select points' tool on the tool bar (the one that looks like a mouse pointer).  Click on a point and drag to move it around or simply hit the delete key to get rid of it.

You can also delete points by right clicking on the file in the active  files lists and choose "file properties->track points" where it shows all points in a spreadsheet style view.  Double clicking points zooms the map to that point and selects it.

Hope this helps.

bobmaloney@compuserve.com

• View Profile
GPX EDITOR?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 06:17:56 PM »
Thanks for quiick reply.

I will check it out.

BobM

BobL

• View Profile
GPX EDITOR?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 07:29:19 PM »
Quote (Krein @ Feb. 19 2006,12:22)
You can also delete points by right clicking on the file in the active  files lists and choose "file properties->track points" where it shows all points in a spreadsheet style view.  Double clicking points zooms the map to that point and selects it.

Hope this helps.

Sure would be nice to copy/paste in this window as well. :->

In the same window is there anyway to show the distance from the start to a highlighted point?  Or, better yet the distance for a highlighted group of points.  This would be fantastic for route slips.  

With respect to the route slips.  I have been playing with the trail-network function.  I am confused and probably missed something in the instructions but here goes.  I have generated a network.  Looking at the waypoints and track points ("file properties->track points"), the numbers do not seem to correlate in any way.  For example I have a route segment bounded by a waypoint 53 and 184 but if I go to the click on a point in track#53 it is somewhere out in left field.  likewise with track#184 off in right field.  Is there a relationship between the points and the tracks? ? ?

If I double click on the track section I get nothing.  If I right click I get the file properties menu with "edit track information" but that doesn't go anywhere.

If I I right click and go to profile I get distance (which is really great -- see second paragraph -- what started this) but nothing that tells me which track segment# it is.  I guess I could look through 17K points and finally find the track segment that I am interested in but isn't there an easier way?

Probably different usages generate different comments.  I am a cyclist and do some riding with a road club but also some touring and even a little MTB.  The route slips I refer to come into play most often with the road bikes as there are generally more turns to worry about. :->

As always, GREAT program!!!!!
Bob