Author Topic: GVSS Help  (Read 3807 times)

mprevost

• View Profile
GVSS Help
« on: August 15, 2007, 10:03:42 AM »
Can someone give me a good run down on GVSS analysis?  I am assuming that somehow you set up a reference (test run) and other training runs will be compared to that test run.  Then you retest occasionally.  Is this the case?  How do you differentiate a run from a test run?  Why does the run analysis not pull data from the GPS?  It seems to automatically use 10K as the distance.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Krein

• Global Moderator
  • TopoFusion Author
    • View Profile
    • http://www.topofusion.com/diary
GVSS Help
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:07:10 PM »
Have you seen this page?

http://topofusion.com/govss.php

What data should the Run Analysis be pulling from the GPS?  Personal stats like weight and such?  Unfortunately I don't think the protocol for getting that info is in the Garmin spec, so while it's possible it certainly isn't easy.

10K is just the baseline default.  You can use any distance.  More details are on the GOVSS page, or head to:

www.physfarm.com

Dr. Phil would be more than happy to answer your questions by email.

markyv

• View Profile
GVSS Help
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:20:49 AM »
Quote (mprevost @ Aug. 15 2007,1:03)
Can someone give me a good run down on GVSS analysis?  I am assuming that somehow you set up a reference (test run) and other training runs will be compared to that test run.  Then you retest occasionally.  Is this the case?  How do you differentiate a run from a test run?  Why does the run analysis not pull data from the GPS?  It seems to automatically use 10K as the distance.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Hi Mike!

I'm chasing you around the forum circuit.

I'm working on an e-book for Rich and the EN crew that will be detailing GOVSS and implementing it into a tri training plan as well as for periodic single sport focus, i.e. winter run plan.  

The basic idea is to benchmark yourself with this software.
Do you also ride with power?