Author Topic: Strange behavior with load maps tool  (Read 4547 times)

Larry

• View Profile
Strange behavior with load maps tool
« on: October 23, 2007, 07:44:09 AM »
Krein, I finally decided to bite the bullet and dump my old maps.dat files so I could enable dx1 compression on a whole new set of tiles. As before, Vista Home Premium

I was hoping that I could just let the load maps tool run all night, but after loading files for a few minutes the internet connection fails; it appears to be blocked. No other app can then connect either. No mail, no IE. I have to restart to reistablish an internet connection.

The maps load just fine in the usual way with my current settings (10 to 20 connections, no persistent connections).

I tried reducing this to 1 connection, and still the same thing. Next I tried unchecking most of the tile sets, figuring that maybe I could just do one type at a time for a large area. This to caused the same issue after downloading for maybe 3 to 5 minutes.

Very strange that not only is my TF connection with the server cut, but entire internet connection is blocked. What's going on... any ideas?

Added: I was just now able to reproduce this issue by downloading a large number of tiles, continuously in the usual way. Some sort of ISP server related issue? On the other hand, I can download very large individual files. Something to do with the number of connections, and how long they are used?

Larry